The Chinese Language major was started at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics in 2000. The major’s objective is to emphasize Chinese business knowledge and the practical application of the materials and skills learned in the classroom. The aim of the major is to help international students prepare to become professionals with Chinese language proficiency and knowledge of economics and management theory related to the business of trade.
- Introduction to Modern Chinese
- Chinese Phonetics
- Chinese Lexis
- Modern Chinese Grammar
- Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature
- Historic Chinese Literature
- Business Chinese
- Introduction to Translation
- Business Translation
3 to 4 years
International applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 45, be a high school graduate or above, and be in good physical health (in order to pass the student visa health check).
Freshmen will be placed to class 1 and class 2 based on their Chinese level (each class should consist of at least 5 students):
Class 1: For beginners and those who have learned Chinese for no more than 60 hours
Class 2: For those who have passed HSK level 2, and those who have learned Chinese for 60-100 hours and master about 300 Chinese characters.
Students will get 152 credits in the whole study period, including 127 credits for class learning, 25 credits for the thesis and others. Students' Chinese proficiency should reach HSK level 5 with a score over 210 points for graduation.
1) Visit our online application system(http://ao.sufe.edu.cn), submit your application, print out the application form and sign on it.
2) One photocopy of your valid passport.
3) One photocopy of your senior high school diploma and one original academic transcript (or notarized copy) in English or Chinese. Fresh graduates need one original pre-graduation certificate.
4) One photocopies of your Chinese Study Certificate or HSK certificate (if you possess one).
7) Any certificates recognizing awards and merits that may prove your skills or talents.
8) Application fee: 415 RMB
March 1st, 2018 to April 30th, 2018
1) The application materials and registration fee should be submitted to the International Cultural Exchange School (ICES) of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE) before the application deadline.
2) Admission Notice and the Form of Visa Application (JW202) for Study in China will be sent to the accepted applicants.
3) The applicants must go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home country with the Admission Notice and the Form of Visa Application for study in China to apply for a student visa.
4) Students must register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
The exact registration/admission date will be announced in the Admission Notice.
21,000 RMB /Year (10,500 RMB/semester)
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC)
SUFE does not accecpt applications for CSC scholarship directly, please visit the homepage of CSC for more details:http://www.csc.edu.cn
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship for freshmen (class B)
- SGS online application
- SGS application deadline: April 30th 2018.
You should submit your application on the website of SGS, then post all supported application materials to the ICES of SUFE by deadline. (Only application in hardcopies will be accepted)
For more details about the Shanghai Government Scholarship please refer to here.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China
Tel : +86-(0)21-6536-1944
Fax : +86-(0)21-6536-1958