1. Is this program right for me?
1) I want to improve my Chinese proficiency in a short time
2) I want to be prepared for the HSK test
3) I want to reach the language entry requirement of foundation program, undergraduate program or graduate program at one of China’s universities.
If you answered yes to one of the above, this program is perfect for you, come and join us now!
2. What is my learning plan?
3. Why should I choose SUFE?
1) Intensive Teaching Schedule
A specialized intensive teaching schedule will help you improve your Chinese proficiency and past the HSK test in a short time:
28 class-hour/week, 18 weeks in total (1 class-hour = 45 minutes)
Mon. – Fri.: 8:30 – 12:10 in the morning
Mon. – Thur.: 1:30 – 3:10 in the afternoon
2) State-recognized HSK Test Center and Research Center
In 2010, the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban) set up a national research center in SUFE, which is called "Teaching and Resources Exploitation Base of International Business Chinese (Shanghai)”.
We also serve one of the HSK and BCT test centers in Shanghai. Periodic HSK mock test will be arranged to reinforce you what you learned in class. Pre-HSK tutorial will teach you test taking strategies and techniques. At the end of each semester you will be registered for an HSK test free of charge.
3) Convenient Continuous Study
After one semester, your Chinese proficiency should reach the enrollment requirement of our foundation program or undergraduate program, after this semester you may choose to remain at SUFE to pursue a degree or transferring to another university.
4) Great Location
Our Zhongshan Beiyi Road campus is located in the heart of Shanghai - the vibrant Hongkou District. The campus is only a 2 minute’ walk to Chifeng Road station (Metro Line 3), and a short walk to the Hongkou Football Stadium and the social hotspot that is Hongkou Plaza. It is also very close to North Sichuan Road and the heart of the city center - People’s Square.
Please check out our location using either Google Map or Baidu Map.
5) Excellent Teaching Quality
As the first university to launch a Business Chinese Program, we have rich teaching experience to ensure our quality of teaching. We customize a series of courses to help you obtain comprehensive abilities in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
We offer three levels for the 2018 Spring semester:
A: Preliminary (have never learned Chinese before)
B: Beginning (have learned Chinese for over 3 months, or 150 class-hours)
C: Medium (have learned Chinese for over 6 months, or 300 class-hours)
Minimum size of each class: 7 people
22nd of February (Thur.)
Orientation and visa issue
23rd-24th of February
5th of April : Qingming Festival
1st of May : Labour Day
18th of June : Dragon Boat Festival
26th of February - 15th of June (16 weeks)
22nd of June (Fri.)
Application for Foundation Program
or Undergraduate Program at SUFE
Registration for Fall semester
5. Fees (RMB)
Application for SUFE’s Foundation
Program / Undergraduate Program
The following items are at the student's own expense:
1) Chinese visa application fee requested by local Chinese embassies/consulates/visa service centers
2) Airfare to and from Shanghai
3) Meals and other personal expenses
4) Optional school field trips
6. How to apply?
1) Please submit your application through our apply-online system, and print out the application form, send it with a photocopy of your passport and other supporting documents to SUFE via post or Email, or hand to our office directly.
2) Pay the application fee by wire transfer.
3) Apply for X1-visa or X2 visa in the Chinese Embassy after you receive the Admission Notice and the form of Visa Application for Study in China (JW202).
4) Register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
5) Program starts.
90 RMB/Day/Person (less than 90 days)
60 R/D/P (more than 90 days)
60 R/D/P (less than 90 days)
40 R/D/P (more than 90 days)
Washing machine, dryer, induction cooker, microwave oven
TV, air conditioner, telephone, bathroom, shower, safe,
internet cable (250 - 300 RMB/6-month)
Want to see more pictures?
8. Contact us
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China
Tel : +86-(0)21-6536-1944
Fax : +86-(0)21-6536-1958