Our English-taught Ph.D. Program in Economic Law is a program for postgraduate law students provided by the Law School of the Shanghai University of Finance & Economics (SHUFE Law), and it is a crucial part of the Law and Finance subject.
The Shanghai University of Finance & Economics (SUFE) is one of the most renowned universities in China today. In 2012, SUFE was selected as Cultivation Base of Extraordinary Legal Professionals by the Ministry of Education (practical & interdisciplinary type). It was incorporated into the Shanghai University Construction Plan of First-Class Disciplines (Type B), the National Legal Practice and Cultivation Base, the National Example of Comprehensive Discipline Reform by Ministry of Education, and received the title as a Key Discipline of Shanghai.
The study period of this Ph.D. program is three years in total, which includes two semesters of taught courses and four semesters of research and thesis writing. All of the courses are taught in English. The lecturers include the official staff of the Law School and some experts from the field of law. Our international students are required to have a minimum of 20 credits (including 15 for compulsory course and 5 for optional course) and pass all of the course examinations.
International Financial Law
Frontiers in Law and Finance
Frontiers of Legal Study (Lecture)
International Financial Management
International Financial Theory
Society and Law
International Commercial Law
International and Comparative Intellectual Property Law
International Public Law
International Tax Law
International Commercial Arbitration
International Investment Law
3 years (from September 2018)
(1) Visit our online application system(http://ao.sufe.edu.cn), submit your application, print out the application form and sign on it.
(2) One photocopy of your valid passport.
(3) One photocopy of your diploma and degree certificate (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages). For those who are about to graduate, a certification of expected graduation is also acceptable).
(4) One photocopy of your transcript of academic records during your Master’s study (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages).
(5) English language level certificate, above 550 (paper based) and 80 (computer based) in TOFEL or 6.5 in IELTS.
(6) Personal statement, written in English, which includes your education and work experience, research results and a study plan.
(7) Recommendation letters in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors.
(8) Application fee: 1660 RMB (or the proof/invoice of remittance)
The application period is from March 1st 2018 to April 30th 2018.
1) The application materials and registration fee should be submitted to the office before the deadline.
2) Two types of entrance examinations are offered:
b.) Written exam and Interview.
The entrance examinations will be arranged in early June. Once all necessary documents have been submitted and approved, the Admission Office of ICES-SUFE will inform qualified applicants about the details of the interview by telephone or email.
3) Qualified applicants will be accepted after passing the entrance examinations. The International Cultural Exchange School (ICES) of the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics will mail the applicant both the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW202 Form) and Admission Notice.
4) The applicants must go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home country with the Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for studying in China to apply for the student entry visa.
5) Students must register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
1) 120,000 RMB (the whole program)
2) Students should pay 60,000 RMB in the first fall semester before registration, and the remaining 60,000 RMB in the second semester.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China
Tel : +86-(0)21-6536-1944
Fax : +86-(0)21-6536-1958