The Finance School in the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics is a high-level faculty and takes pride in cultivating an learning environment of excellence for undergraduate students, master degree students and PhD candidates. In 1996 and 2001, finance subjects were selected as key subjects by the Education Committee of the Shanghai Government. Finance subjects at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economy have a great reputation and have a big influence in the field of academic research.
The Master’s degree program with a major in Finance has been open to international students since 2006. Except for the Chinese language courses, all of the other courses in the program are taught in English. The thesis and the thesis defense are also conducted in English.
Chinese Economic Issues
Chinese Language I, II
Mathematics for Economics
Money and Banking
International Finance Management
Theory of International Finance
Exchange Rate Economics
Our students are required to have 31 credits, which includes participating in all mandatory courses and passing all course examinations. In order to obtain the Finance degree, students must complete their Master's thesis and pass the thesis defense. The thesis should be written in English.
2 years (from September 2018)
International applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 45 with a bachelor’s degree and in good health. Non English native speakers should pass IELTS test (above 6.5 points) .
* Applicants from the Mainland of China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan who are applying to study at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics as international students should meet the additional requirements of the National Ministry of Education.
(1) Application Form for Enrollment (Degree Program). – please add your photo.
(2) One photocopy of your valid passport.
(3) One photocopy of your diploma and degree certificate (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages). For those who are about to graduate, a certification of expected graduation is also acceptable).
(4) One photocopy of your transcript of academic records during your Bachelor or Master’s study (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages).
(5) English language level certificate, above 550 (paper based) and 80 (computer based) in TOFEL or 6.5 in IELTS.
(6) Personal statement, written in English, which includes your education and work experience, research results and a study plan.
(7) Recommendation letters in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors.
(8) Application fee: 1660 RMB (or the proof/invoice of remittance)
The application period is open from March 1st 2018 to April 30th 2018.
1) The application materials and registration fee should be submitted to the office before the deadline.
2) Two types of entrance examinations are offered:
b.) Written exam and Interview.
The entrance examinations will be arranged in early June. Once all necessary documents have been submitted and approved, the Admission Office of ICES-SUFE will inform qualified applicants about the details of the interview by telephone or email.
3) Qualified applicants will be accepted after passing the entrance examinations. The International Cultural Exchange School (ICES) of the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics will mail the applicant both the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW202 Form) and Admission Notice.
4) The applicants must go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home country with the Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for studying in China to apply for the student entry visa.
5) Students must register at the ICES of SUFE on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
50,000RMB/Year (25,000 RMB/Semester)
Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC)
- CSC online application (Admission code of SUFE: 10272)
- CSC deadline: March 31st 2018.
Please refer to here for more details about the Chinese Government Scholarship.
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
1001 2249 0930 005 0373
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Municipal Branch
No.9 Pu Dong Avenue, Shanghai, China
International Cutural Exchange School (ICES)
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
Address: No. 369 Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, 200083, P.R.China
Tel : +86-(0)21-6536-1944
Fax : +86-(0)21-6536-1958